It’s a Thursday morning, 78 days to Christmas and the 208th day of lockdown. The skies are gray and I’m feeling a bit down, but glad to see the sun shining through.
Despite how I am feeling, I choose to see the brighter side of things. I choose to let sunshine enter into my life.
Thus, here is a list of random thoughts I scribbled here and there in my notebook and journals which I’d like to share today. These thoughts to ponder are my tips on how to stay positive even in a lockdown.
- As is often said, the best antidote to one’s feelings of hopelessness is keeping the faith, being strong and positive. This can be real hard especially if we are beset with problems that seem insurmountable. If you are experiencing this right now, just know you are not alone. Each of us has our own difficulties to face — but then there are others in more desperate conditions.
“If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.”
- Each one of us has our own “Dark Night” of the soul.
- No matter how dire the present situation is, God is ALWAYS with us all, in each of us. He never forsakes us. We just have to experience our own Dark Night of the soul — for it is there we are strengthened and emboldened to SEEK GOD more and more.
- Let us clothe ourselves with humility and love and adorn ourselves with kind thoughts and good deeds. Digest the Daily Bread for the sustenance of our spiritual lives.
- When you are tempted to put others down, put yourself in others’ shoes. If you feel it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person, too.
- There will always be someone who will find you beautiful, and someone who will find you ugly. The big difference will be in how you see yourself. Be confident and secure with who you are.
- Though Up, UP HIGH we may Soar on the wings of success, may we still learn to keep our feet on the ground.
- We all have only ONE life to lead, and each moment is precious. But it goes on quickly. Thus, let us make each moment last through our good deeds, words, and thoughts so that each moment will be filled with God’s blessings and graces.
- Let each one of us be blessings to others, to our family and friends as well as foes.
Source of Image on my screen (not downloaded)